Saturday, 1 September 2012

Robin Ince's Bad Book Club: One Man's Quest to Uncover the Books That Taste Forgot… by Robin Ince


I always think that enthusiasm is a generally good characteristic, but combine this with a love of science a respect for reality and being otherwise daft as a brush and Robin Ince would be a good bloke to have a pint or two with.

This book is made up of bits of incredibly bad books he has found surfing around charity shops between gigs.

It's a laugh and a frown at the same time. Really bad things can make their badness into a kind of good thing, if you know what I mean.

He inscribed this one to me after one of his gigs and I presented him with a paper craft Carl Sagan which he then did an impression of Carl Sagan accepting.

Like I said, daft as a brush.

The world would be a better place with more daft brushes in it.

3 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment