Wednesday, 8 October 2008

Nation by Terry Pratchett


The master still has it.

Not a discworld book! Instead an alternate earth. One result of reading it is realising that really that is all the discworld is as well.

This book should perhaps be better titled "God". Pterry reveals a sceptical view of religion but an uplifting and inspiring one of human beings.

Look out for cameo appearances by Einstein, Feynman, Sagan and Dawkins!

Beautifully written with both wit and insight (as usual).

Highly recommended.

This book is now my first thought when I am talking about books and discover to my horror that the other person has not yet read any pratchett. I think that it would be the best introduction to his wisdom.

Four out of five stars on the Pratchett-scale = nine out of five for the every-other-author-scale.

1 comment:

  1. That's quite the recommendation. I'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete